06 January 2009

A happy holiday

I had a very nice holiday season. I enjoyed almost 2 weeks off from work during which I made the rounds visiting family, friends, babies and pets. I saw almost all of them. And I enjoyed some fantastic tasty business along the way. I made some of it, but for the most part, I was able to just enjoy. Can't beat that! Here's a glimpse of what I've been up to:

Lots of snow made for a white Christmas (sort of)
Before the holiday began, we took a short trip to Vermont

The cabin we stayed in had this stove. I LOVED it. Bf and I made some tasty breakfast for the whole group. I only wish I could have brought it home (the stove, not the breakfast).


Final wrapping of the tasty treats I gave out as gifts

Christmas Eve dinner was delicious. I made these roasted Brussels sprouts with shallots and cranberries to go with the ham. I also made this butternut squash.

While the rest of my family had cheesecake for dessert, I enjoyed this tart I made with some cinnamon whipped cream.
This little guy loved his first Christmas morning.

I forgot to bring my camera to Christmas dinner. This extremely unfortunate as Christmas dinner is my favorite meal of the year. I can't even begin to describe the tastiness - antipasto, lasagna, salads, roast beef, vegetables, cookies, cookies, cookies, desserts, homemade drinks, wine, torrone, etc.... So yummy, I can't wait for next year's meal.

After Christmas, I went to NJ and NY to spend time with some very fabulous friends. We celebrated birthdays, babies, kids, and engagements.

We went to this very colorful and very tasty little Mexican restaurant in NJ.

Fresh guacamole made at our table.

And, of course, then we found these

Finally, I spent New Year's eve in CT listening to these guys

Now I'm back in MA, back to work, and back to making tasty business!

No comments: