13 April 2009

Roast beef sliders


Having a party? Can't decide what to make? Roast beef sliders are the answer. They are easy to make and can be prepared before your guests arrive. For this batch, I cooked up the beef according to this recipe from Simply Recipes. It came out perfectly rare in the middle. I cooked up the beef, slowly caramelized some onions, and made the blue cheese mayonnaise the night before the party. I threw it all in the refrigerator before I went to sleep.


The day of the party, I let the beef and onions come to room temperature while I got ready for the party. About 30 minutes before the guests arrived, we assembled the sandwiches (by "we," I mean bf did). We layered a handful of baby arugula, caramelized onions, slices of roast beef, and bleu cheese mayonnaise on mini rolls. The guests loved them!



Bleu cheese mayonnaise

4 oz. bleu cheese, crumbled
2/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

Mix all ingredients together until creamy. Can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days.

No comments: