30 July 2009

Honey sesame glazed tofu

I've been eating a lot of tofu lately. It's tasty, quick to cook, and filling. As much as I love tofu steaks, I need to change it up sometimes.
Instead of making steaks, I fried tofu triangles in a bit of grapeseed oil until they were golden brown. Then I added a sesame honey glaze to the pan and allowed it to cook down until it was mostly gone and the tofu triangles were full of flavor.



Served with leftover roasted brussels sprouts and shallots and a baked potato, I had a balanced meal in under 20 minutes.


Sesame honey glaze

2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sherry vinegar
1.5 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp honey

Whisk all ingredients together. Garnish tofu with toasted sesame seeds.

1 comment:

El said...

I never know what to do with tofu. I'll have to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing.